Welcome to Baby's First Massage!
Happy Almost Spring!
Lexington, KY: March 19-20, 2016
Cincinnnati, Ohio: April 18-19, 2016
Louisville, KY: June 11-12, 2016
What students are saying about Baby's First Massage:
"I am super happy I took this course and intend to put it to good use in the very near future!!" Tammie, 2016
"Great Course! I feel excited to teach others. Thanks, Amy!" Megan, 2016
If you would like to host a training in your location, please email amy to get this set up! We are happy to come to you! firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a new logo to share for our certified instructors! Email Amy for the logo at email@example.com
Beautiful brochures are now available in our store! Check them out!!
Baby’s First Massage® Mission Statement
Baby’s First Massage® is an innovative, research-based infant massage training program that is readily comprehended and simple to implement. Our goal is to train qualified professionals in the skills to teach parents or caregivers listening and sensitive touch skills in order to empower them to create a strong family foundation of love, esteem, and respect.
How We Accomplish Our Mission
We help new parents worldwide learn how to massage their babies as soon after birth as possible. We:
- Train and certify instructors (including nurses, massage therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists and midwives) to teach infant massage to parents
- Connect parents to certified instructors
- Offer educational products such as books and dvd’s for both parents and instructors
What makes a successful infant massage instructor?
- Listening and listening touch skills
- Passion for families and love babies
- Knowledge of program, protocol and babies bodies and spirits
- Knowledge of how to be present
- Marketing skills
Our training is built around helping you develop these skills and qualities. We use specific techniques that are fun, informative and practice-building. There are several new key pieces, including marketing, building our listening skills and expanded information on Neuroception and the Polyvagal theory. As a part of the new class, each student will receive the BFM protocol on the table themselves. Because of these changes, our delivery method has changed.
There are two roads to certification:
- Independent study, 24 CE's, (Ce's pending for NCBTMB)
- In-class, 16 CE's